Executive Committee: Oversee all activities of the center, including membership, budget matters, philanthropy management, research prioritization, mentorship, disease outcomes, strategic planning, and CME planning.
Disease Teams: Compromised of a multi-disciplinary group whose primary responsibility is to oversee care, research and disease outcomes for a given tumor type. While we all see a variety of GI cancers, the teams monitor and maintain the treatment pathways, the clinical research portfolio, the CME programs, tumor boards, and outcomes.
General Membership: An integral contributor to our efforts to integrate discoveries in molecular medicine and translational research with a patient-centered philosophy to transform the standard of care for patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
Membership in the Ruesch Center includes:
- Funding opportunities through the Ruesch Center and Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Access to research infrastructure support – CRMO (Clinical Research Management Office)
- Supported access to shared resources including biostatistics, tumor banks, tissue collection support
- Strategic research collaborations across our network and region
- Publicity about member activities through the Ruesch website, newsletter, and other communications
- Technical advice and resources for program development
- CME planning support
- Medical writing support
- Access to world class annotated tissue banks
- Outcomes support with patient tracking, data base
- Summer student program
Please contact RueschCenter@georgetown.edu for more details.